Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What is the UCT Canada Regional office?
A: The University of Cape Town was awarded status as a “prescribed university outside Canada” as per Schedule VIII of the Canadian Income Tax Act. . The regional office operates as an arm of the University of Cape Town’s Development & Alumni Department in Canada, facilitating relationships with alumni and undertaking fund development activities for bursaries, university community outreach projects, and other university priorities.

Q: What is the UCT Foundation?
A: The UCT Foundation (Canada), dissolved inn 2011, was constituted as a Canadian charitable foundation in 1993 with the aim of raising funds in Canada for student bursaries and activities at the University of Cape Town, South Africa. The Foundation also facilitated the University of Cape Town’s relationship with its alumni in Canada.

Q: How can I make a donation to support the University of Cape Town?
A: You can donate to the University of Cape Town, either online, or by mailing in a cheque. The University of Cape Town Regional Office Canada has the authority to issue a tax receipt to donors in Canada, thus enabling them to make a deduction from their taxable income. Cheques should be made out to “University of Cape Town Donations”, and will be deposited in Canada. Regular donation transfers to UCT take place throughout the year.

Q: How do I find out about UCT Alumni and Friends events in Canada?
A: Sign up to receive newsletters and announcements and we’ll keep you informed. Events are organized through volunteer co-ordinating committees Alumni News & Events

Q: How do I update my address details?
A: Link to or on the Home page of the UCT Canada website.

Q: How do I find out about Reunions taking place on campus at UCT?
A: Each year the Faculties of Law, Health Sciences and other UCT Departments organize annual reunions of specific class years on campus. For more information, see UCT’s Alumni events page. Or email

Q: How do I obtain a transcript from UCT?
A: Information page on Transcripts. Request an academic transcript from the Student Records office at UCT. Email; or mail Student Records Office, UCT, Private Bag 1, Rondebosch 7701. Fax +27 21 650 5714; Telephone +27 21 650 3595.

Q. How do I obtain more information about studying at UCT? A: Follow this link for international admission and semester study abroad. Alternatively, visit the International Office at your current university to see if formal exchange agreements exist with UCT, where exchanges are encouraged.

Update Your UCT profile

Newsletter Signup

Receive the latest news and announcements from the UCT Regional Office: Canada.

Latest Newsletter: Spring 2019

Join the UCT Alumni in CANADA Group

Website donated by Blumberg Segal LLP. Site developed by The Wire Inc.